Sunday 22 September 2013

Week 8.5 (experiments)

So I decided to come in today and work on my CryEngine/3ds skills.

I was watching Last woman standing ep6 of northern mexico, and they had some sublime scenery- so I decided to replicate it. I then got caught up in using terraces- so now it's a mix of the two.



A few problems:

  1. Too many poly's and shadows = game lagging out when surveying the landscape (around 30s at a time). [I guess that happens when you're doing 4kx4k on a uni comp]
  2. It looks great from the top. It's realistic, all my layers are set up with angles and makes for quick editing. BUT when you get to the ground- it looks like poop. (textures not loading until really close, unless it's the cliff texture; splotchy paint and "pixels" of colour everywhere. Going to try different textures)
  3. This program has more crashes than NeedForSpeed.

...

...

I came back to it after the 3ds session below

I can barely admire the view... 

Yeah so, that's that. On to 3ds..

I decided to try making a house from a house plan on GoogleImages..
Made a plane and applied the material..
Set snap to grid and fit the image to the grid..
Drew the walls in, attached all lines, set shape mod and gave it some height.
I've added segments so I can add windows and cover the doorways.
Here we go..
Yup.


No comments:

Post a Comment